As I approach my last semester here at BGSU I’ve began to reflect on the wonderful memories that I have had here over these past few years. I thought I’d put together a list (in no-particular order) of my favorite places in BG. So here it is…
10+1. Carter Park- I thought of this one on the spot, this place means more than the Rec Center I just don’t want to go take a picture of it. I was almost arrested here for trying to take some batting practice so it’s off to a great start! Two wonderful seasons of Brookside softball getting to know some awesome men from the church and do work on the diamond. Then just escaping to the batting cage to just hit balls for hours because why not baseball is awesome. Brings me peace because I can play the game I love here.
10. Rec Center- Yeah ha kind of a random one I guess but I’ve been here so much whether that’s getting a lift in, playing basketball, rock climbing, or playing intramural sports. I love being active so I mean it just makes sense why I like to go here a lot and why it’s on the list.
9. Slippery Elm Trail- More so the past year or so I’ve put my time in here. When I began training for the Columbus Half-Marathon I found this place and would go here for my longer runs. Once you get past the elementary school it’s really peaceful and quite place. For that fact that I could run in peace, enjoy a nice sunrise if I ran early enough and be able to have nice talks with the man above.
8. Frosty Fare- Mmmmmmmmm one of the BIGGEST perks about living in BG is the awesome ice cream shops that are in town. DQ held the crown for awhile but obviously since new management its gone down hill (in my opinion). Frosty Fare however, was a hidden gem I heard about last summer and my oh my every time I go it hits the spot!
7. The Union- The union sticks out to me again just because I’ve been there so much and a lot has happened here that I’ll remember. Like Surf Club was started in this building so I mean that’s part of BGSU History haha. From the “Cru Table” all my friends sit at and share laughs to the greatness that is Peanut Butter Mood from Jamba Juice ha (S/O to everyone that has given me meal plan so I can get one haha).
6. The Ridge House- Well umm I never lived here ha, but this place is like the 1st place where I met a lot of my friends in Cru. I can remember going here for the opening weekend party and meeting people there which became great friends and just really helped me understand what a great community we have in BG. On top of that just countless other times I’ve been here knowing something fun was probably going to happen (S/O to Allie, Liz, and America).
5. Grounds for Thought- Sorry Flatlands your not my favorite coffee shop in town, side note RIP Parker Coffee hahaha. Anyway last summer I really began to spend a lot of time in the mornings here just reading and journaling. This time really helped me grow spiritually and taught me a bunch of other stuff from books I was reading. Then I’ve had some awesome conversations with people here so like that’s dope ha, it’s just a chill spot that I can focus on work and things of that nature.
4. Prout Chapel- In my amateur photographer opinion I took some sweet pictures here I just choose this one out of all of them ha. Yeah so like Prout is insane, like I’ve had so many memories of worship, prayer, and other things in here I can’t call out a specific time because there has been so many. In between my classes if I’m not in the union you can probably find me in here waiting for my next class.i
3. Olscamp- Ha I’ve only had like 2 classes in here but like I remember more of the time I’ve been here for Surf Club (lol), Brookside, or Cru. I was baptized here I mean come on! This place is full of God’s presence! Again so many memories from awesome Brookside services, messages, baptisms to Cru on Thursday nights.
2. Shatzel Hall- Yeah if you didn’t know I’m low key kind of a big deal at Shatzel Hall. I hammock here like ALL the time and people that work there call me The Hammock Guy so I’m a bit of a legend lol. Some great times again just hanging out (see what I did there) reading, writing poems, journaling, praying, and worshiping here. I remember like both times we worshiped here it was in a down pour of rain both times and it was just awesome!
- Arubbah House- Ok I saved the best for last, I lived here for 2 years and words can’t describe my feelings toward this place. I know it looks sketchy and is but it’s fine. How this place has changed from when I first moved in to the countless additions of couches, glory and pirate flags, flowers, and a bar this place looks way better than it did before. Memories on memories here man. Throwing bangers and campfires all the time to the amazing conversations with my roommates and funny times with them to having friends over whenever they wanted ha. This place is a floodgate of glory and is filled to the chimney (if there is even one) with God’s presence. Was an honor to live here with some of my best friends.